From the Rector's Desk:
Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Sunday Worship Streaming On-line;
Public Worship Services Cancelled;
Church Activities Postponed
Dear friends — these are trying times. St. Luke's is working hard to stay connected during the COVID-19 crisis:
We especially want to support those among us who are in vulnerable populations or who live alone: if you need a helper to bring supplies to you so you don’t have to go out, please email Birgit, our Parish Administrator, to let her know (firstname.lastname@example.org). And on the other hand, if you are looking for an approved reason to get out of your house and help your neighbor, also let Birgit know, and she will make the connection. It’s important to remember that if you do help in this way, you should do so without any physical contact. Touch base on the phone, and leave things outside the door.
Virtual Worship & Community
- Regular worship services are cancelled until further notice
- You can find the Sunday liturgy on our new liturgy website, Sundays at St. Luke’s. There will be videos each week of music produced by St. Luke’s musicians, and a sermon by one of our preachers
- Our YouTube channel is up and running! Click through and subscribe
- I will be streaming worship service on Sunday mornings starting at 5am on the YouTube channel. This will include scripture reflection, prayers, and announcements. It won’t be the full liturgy: I encourage you to use the website on your own, or with your family, to guide your worship. You can also download a PDF of the service. If you start around 10:30am on Sundays, the timing should work for you to then join the coffee hour at 10:45am (But please use this resource however works best for you!)
- Sermons from St. Luke's are now available on Apple Podcasts! If you're a podcast listener, this is a great way to stay connected to St. Luke's. The podcast is called "Theophilus," which can be translated from Greek as either "friend of God" or "beloved by God." It is also the name of the person to whom St. Luke dedicates his Gospel and the Book of Acts (Luke 1:3; Acts 1:1). Click to subscribe
At 10:45am on Sundays, we will enjoy a virtual coffee hour on Google Hangouts. If you have a laptop with camera and microphone, click the link to join by video. Or you can call in: Dial 1-330-975-0017 and enter PIN: 923 472 748#.
If you are in a position to continue giving, please do so. Click here and scroll to donate online. You may also mail donations to the church office: 1755 Clay St., San Francisco, CA 94109.
The Reverend Jason Cox
Rector, St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Please Stay Safe during this Global Health Emergency
Peace be with You
Scroll Down to Learn more about St. Luke's Church