St. Luke's lives its Vision - offering glimpses of the sacred to those who have faith and to those who do not through inspiring ministry, learning, celebration and community service.
The Inter-faith Food Pantry @ Old First Church
Join fellow St. Luke's parishioners in a morning of serving the neighborhood by volunteering at our Inter-faith Food Pantry. Over 300 people are given as many groceries as they can carry in a in a cooperative effort between the San Francisco Food Bank and local churches. Email the office to find out how to volunteer.
- Calvary Presbyterian
- First Unitarian Universalist
- Old First Presbyterian
- St. Luke's Episcopal
- St. Mark's Lutheran
St. Luke’s has a long history of supporting the Bayview Mission through our annual Mother’s Day Baby Shower and Brunch effort. Generous donations from St. Luke’s parishioners have made Mother's Day special for those in need.
- Art Supplies
- Back Packs
- School Supplies
- Used Warm Clothing
- Warm Coats (gently used; kids to adult)
- Children’s Books, Especially Board Books
- Lego Toys
- Infant Formula
- Baby Wipes
- Baby Blankets
- Infant / Toddler Socks
- Cleaning Supplies: Sponges, Detergent, Dish Soap, Bleach
- Gently Used Bath Towels
- Gently Used Clothing
- Socks Of All Sizes (black socks for diabetic seniors)
- Dental Supplies: Toothpaste, Brushes, Floss
- Bar Soap
- Disposable Razors
- Sewing Supplies: thread, buttons, yarn, etc.
Send a Card to a Parishioner
We have many parishioners who would appreciate a real “snail mail” card from their church family - sent and received the old fashioned, non-electronic, US Postal Service way.
It's easy to reach out to a fellow parishioner with a card
or postcard to:
- express good cheer or thanks
- reconnect, recognize or appreciate
- send love, congrats or good luck
- support someone on our prayer list
- support someone in military service
Please let this program help you reach people who might appreciate and benefit from receiving a card in the mail.
We have the cards and we have the stamps! You can also use your own card(s)….but please: write a short note, address the envelope, leave it in the box on Birgit's office door and we will stamp and mail it promptly. Easy, thoughtful and a nice surprise for any recipient!